Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Yep, he has that Johnson Blood, bluntness and all.

We had baptism's scheduled, but unfortunately, they fell through. One of them tried to drop us, Maria, but we've got her reeled back in. Her thing was about the temple and the fact she wouldn't be able to go in for a year after she gets baptized. And Kasey, well Kasey's Kasey. We finally met with her again, and she wants to get baptized, but we hadn't taught her about the word of wisdom, and she doesn't necessarily like the fact about no alcohol. She can do it, but she's not happy about it. She was supposed to go to church on sunday, and when we called her saturday night, she said "Oh shoot. I can't go tomorrow. It's the Cowboy's and Texan's game. And i just bought a new bottle of Smirnoff" So after Elder Drees got off the phone with her, and told me about the alcohol, I called her back up and said "What the flip you buying alcohol for?!"
Her "For the game."
     Me "So? That's the worse excuse i've ever heard."
"But I want it for the game"
     "Yeah but you also want to get baptized, right?"
"Well yeah. But it's the game."
     "Would you want your kids drinking it."
"No, But that's why there's the age limit."
 
Needless to say, she didn't dump it down the drain like I told her to. But it was funny. Elder Drees said "I can't do that. I'm not straight forward like that. You can. If i did that to her. She'd probably cry. But just because of your accent, she likes you better. So you can pull that off." BTW, my accent's gotten thicker since i left. Being around all these Texans doesn't help.

I wanted to reply to everything, but i don't have time. I need to email President and give him the rundown of this week.
I love you all.
Zack., 

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to kind of thank you for editing the letters...haha cuz i have the actual copies, it was weird reading it edited, cuz i remembered things that were in them that weren't there! but it makes sense not to include all the personal stuff for your family, or concerning me. haha so thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete