Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Staying in Galveston another six weeks.

I miss Utah rain. I miss the smell. It rains here all the time. But we don't have a very good warning for rain. For one, missionaries can't listen to the weather, or read the newspaper for the weather, so we get our weekly weather report from Bob, a recent convert. He's awesome. I'm gonna miss him a lot.(I'll explain later.) So it could be sunny here and five minutes later, pour rain and then be sunny again. And the smell doesn't change. Neither does the temperature. In fact it gets hotter. But lately it's been nice. A cold front has come through, cut down on the humidity.
Every time we go to an investigators house, i'm always the one playing with the kids, if they have some. It's actually a lot of fun. But weird at the same time. Especially if they're like 3 and speak both spanish and english already.

Conference was awesome wasn't it? We had an investigator go to a saturday session and he loved it!! We were supposed to have a couple other people come but they ditched out. It's a shame. It's not every day we get the opportunity to hear from a prophet of God.
Haha you liked my call to Kasey? Good. Unfortunately it didn't work. Dang it. She was supposed to show up to conference as well, but of course she didn't. She's now saying she thinks she wants to wait to be baptized with the father of her children, which would be all fine and dandy if we were teaching him, and we would love to teach him, except... he's in jail right now. About to get out though... I'm worried about her for multiple reasons.
I killed Elder Drees. Or in other words, he goes home today. He plane leaves in like 2 hours. So we took him to Sugar land yesterday, and now i'm in a trio until my new comp tomorrow. And they're also splitting up my area into english and spanish, so i'll be a spanish only missionary, which stinks because then i technically can't go visit bob anymore or kasey... Or roy. So that stinks...I'll be here at least another six weeks.
Um.. shoot. I gotta go. We gotta leave soon. The sisters need to be somewhere at noon. And i still need to email the president. Love you all.
Zack

1 comment: